Saturday, January 30, 2010

1st Weigh In Day

Today was my first weigh in day! I never wake up early on Saturdays. I absolutely refuse to get out of bed before nine, but this morning was different. I was so excited, I woke up at 7:45 to hit the scale and see my first results. I was nervous. The week has been fairly easy. Have I been hungry? Yes, to the point of tears, but that was my fault, I should not have waited until 8:30 to cook dinner Wednesday night. That will never happen again!!!! I have to learn to plan ahead. Since I am in class on Monday and Wednesday night, the crock pot is going to be my new best friend, so if you have a good recipe, please send it to me.

Counting my points has not been difficult either. I even got to eat chicken fried chicken and hash brown casserole at Cracker Barrel last night. I have learned how to budget my points. In the WW plan, you get so many points per day and then you get almost a whole day of points extra to spread out through the week. If you save those extra points, you will most likely lose more, but they are there to splurge with. You can truly eat anything you want, you just have to learn to budget and decide what you really want to use those points for.

So, what did I lose this week? 7 Pounds! I am so excited. This hasn't been a full week, I started Tuesday, but I choose Saturday as my weigh in day. I thought if I planted it slap dab in the middle of the weekend, I would be less likely to REALLY mess up. I was worried that this was a little to easy and that a couple of days I might have miscalculated even though I measured and counted twice, but I think this week has proven to me that I CAN do this. Thanks for all the encouragement! I means the world to me!!

1 comment:

A Cup Bearer said...

Way to go, girlfriend!!! I'm proud of you! I called trainer Bud Friday and I'm heading back to the gym in the morning. We CAN do this thing!